Monday, March 21, 2011

Grocery Shopping


So I battle the grocery every weekend, maybe it's not so much the actual store that I despise but the dreaded list. I usually go to the grocery every Sunday or Monday depending on what the weekend has in store for us. Yesterday I knew I would be going to the store later that afternoon and so the dreaded grocery list began. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if Adam and I actually liked to eat the same food, but that would be way too easy. Adam prefers to have meat, meat and more meat. I prefer to eat a mostly vegetarian diet with a little meat every once in a while.

I prefer to make out the menu for the week and then make my list from there, so here is what I came up with for this week. Please remember that I am working full time, adding Real Estate stuff into the mix every week, and a Mommy. So my time is a little limited!

Sunday: Quesadillas with homemade guacamole
Monday: Tuna Salad and macaroni and cheese, my tuna recipe is awesome with dried cranberries and fresh apples. Yum!!
Tuesday: Beef Burgundy with egg noodles (Adam gets his meat and I can eat the noodles, mushrooms and onions)
Wednesday: Ham & Cheese Sandwiches with chips and salsa
Thursday: Hamburgers on the grill (I am not sure what I will eat but I can assure you it wont be a hamburger)
Friday: Baked ziti and garlic bread
Saturday: Out to dinner!!!!!
Sunday: My dreaded list and menu starts all over again :(


So my reason for this post…what do you make for dinner and how do you decide what to put on the menu?

1 comment :

Kara said...

Oh my gosh- I hate the grocery store- Scott goes for us every Sunday b/c I just do not have the patience. We have to make our list for the entire week just like you do but we really are creatures of habit- every Tuesday is Mexican, and its usually homemade pizzas on Friday! When did we get so old that we were comparing shopping lists? Love & miss you!