Thursday, June 27, 2013

37 Weeks with Twins

37 weeks and still going strong...wait, strong may be an over statement.  I am whipped!! 

Since my last update I have hit my limit, I have had many breakdowns thinking I just cannot do this anymore. Yet, I have managed to make it another week.  In my last post I wrote about having some pain near my c-section scar, I believed it was scar tissue.  Last Tuesday that pain got much worse and I could barely walk, after a visit with my doctor we learned that I have a hernia.  It's fairly common for pregnant women to get a hernia during pregnancy.  I have trudged along, thanks to Tylenol! I will have the hernia repaired during my c-section with the twins.

That wasn't the end of week 36 surprises though, I had been dealing with very itchy belly and stretch marks as I also mentioned in my last post.  Well I noticed that itchiness started to spread to my legs, chest and arms. PUPPPS rash! It's the most horrid thing ever! I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I find myself awake numerous times at night just itching and scratching.  I guess it's a good way to prepare for night feedings with the boys. I am basically sucking it up and using an antihistamine and Sarna Lotion to cope. From what I have read it should go away about a week after delivery. Fingers crossed!

I have read that it's smart to keep the babies in the same infant carrier, mainly to cut down on any illness if one were to come down with something.  It obviously won't stop it from happening but it can help.  I saw lots of people using ribbons tied on the carrier, pink for the girl and blue for the boy. Uh, doesn't help when you are having same sex twins.  So I decided to use the same concept but paint their names on the ribbon.  Picture below!  It should also help if they end up looking a lot alike.

I had an ultrasound this morning, it was pretty much impossible to see much at this point. They are both head down and quite cramped.  According to the u/s Baby A is measuring 6lbs. 6 oz. and Baby B is measuring 6lbs. 10 oz.  I can't believe it and I don't think my doctors can either, of course these are only estimates of very crowded babies so we will see.  

No signs of delivery at this point so we are planning to have them on Tuesday morning, July 2nd at 7:30am. That has been my scheduled date for a month now. 

FIVE days until we become a party of 5!!

No comments :