Thursday, August 8, 2013

Seven Years & Going Strong


Where does the time go? It doesn't seem possible that Adam and I have been married for seven years and together for over 10.   I am blessed to have found such a great partner and best friend.

When Adam and I were dating and things began to get serious we naturally had a few conversations about children. He said he would like to have two kids, I said I  would like three.   After we had Madelyn we still hadn't agreed whether we would just have one more or would I get my way (wink wink) and try for two more.  Fast forward 3 1/2 years and we decide it's time to try for number two!  Fast forward another month and I am pregnant and headed to our first ultrasound at 8 weeks pregnant.  This is the day we got the "SURPRISE you're having TWINS"!!  I guess there will be no need for that future conversation about #3!

So, why am I telling you this? Because I knew I had an amazing husband, but it was on that day that I realized he was beyond amazing. I think most men would have had a freak out moment, Adam stayed calm...for me. I was having the freak out moment! Yes, I said I wanted three kids, I just didn't think I would get two at once. 

We are now 8 months after that day and we have 1 month old twin boys. My husband continues to amaze me and prove that I picked the best partner.  For example, every night Adam washes any dirty bottles and prepares the 6 bottles the boys will consume during the night. Then he will prepare bottles for the next day, once he is gone all I have to do is add the formula to the water.  He makes sure my coffee is ready to go each morning so I can have it when I wake up, for all you coffee drinkers you know how important it is!  Every evening Adam gets down in the floor with Carter and Colten to "play"! This gives me a few mintues to myself and also keeps them awake so they will sleep.  He is the best at getting Madelyn outside for a bike ride or sprinkler action.  I could go on but I think you get the point. I'm one lucky girl!!

Adam, thank you for being an amazing husband, father and best friend! Thank you for picking me to share this adventure with. I love you!


1 comment :

Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute, Sara. I love reading things like this, it's just the most important thing in life. I'm so happy for you and enjoy hearing updates about your little ones :)