Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yummy Peas!!

Madelyn tried peas last week for the first time and let's just say...they are not her favorite. We were able to get a little of her reaction on video, but not before she literally gagged with the first three bites. Maddy has tried squash, green beans, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes and prunes but they only thing she hasn't liked so far is peas. In the parenting books I have been reading it suggests you feed your baby foods they may not like 7 to 8 more times before considering it a dislike. Unfortunately for Maddy that means she will have to try the dreaded peas a few more times before I give up.

Please excuse any "baby" talk.


3 comments :

Justin and Kristen Bixler said...

I'm with Maddy. Peas are not my favorite! I lover her facial expression! So glad you have this on camera!

Kara said...

I agree with Kristen and Maddy- peas are no good! :)

Renee said...

Thanks for posting this video, Maddy is so cute, even when eating her peas. I guess I'm in the minority but I love peas. I torture Ted with them once a week but the kids love them too. She didn't spit them out so maybe there's hope.