Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1st Dentist Trip and the State Fair

Madelyn had her first dentist visit with her Aunt Margaux last weekend, we had attempted it one other time but she was scared so we let her watch Adam and I get our teeth cleaned.  The second trip was a success, she climbed right up in the chair and was a super star!!  Margaux was so good with her and explained what everything was and what she was going to do, she even gave her a cool pair of sunglasses to wear so the light wouldn't be too bright. 

I am happy to report she had a great report...mom on the other hand needs to have her wisdom teeth taken out. :(




What better place to go dirty your clean teeth then the Indiana State Fair?  We ventured to the fairgrounds later the same afternoon, we took in the sights, got to see lots of animals and of course had "junk" food.  Madelyn is a big kettle corn fan so we got a big bag of that, I had a yummy ear of corn, Adam got his Indiana Ribeye sandwich and we finished with shakes from the Dairy Barn.  Next year we probably won't schedule our teeth cleaning on the same day we plan to visit the fair.

Madelyn loved the horses this year, I think we saw and attempted to pet every single horse at the fair.  This of course made me proud, I have always loved them as well.  I keep trying to convince Adam we need horses!!  I will let you know if that ever works out for me, for now we will have to settle with seeing them at the fair every year.









No comments :