Monday, August 27, 2012

Pantry Re-Do

Some of you may know that my sister and I had started a blog together a while back where we were sharing recipes, DIY projects and miscellaneous other things.  Well, as you may have figured out that blog has since gone by the wayside, I mean I barely have the time to keep this blog up, let alone a whole separate blog.  So, I decided I would use our family blog to share all things that are our family...not just Madelyn updates.  This is one of those updates!!

We don't have a very big pantry in our kitchen, yet it had become overwhelming with all the disorganization.  I couldn't tell what we had and I knew some things that were shoved to the back probably needed to be thrown out.  So I decided it needed to be cleaned out, I literally took each and every last thing out of that closet pantry.  I wiped the shelves down and then began my throwing away process, surprisingly I only had a few items that had expired, mainly can goods.  I put the items we use the least on the top shelf, let's face it, no one in our family is winning any height awards.  I decided to take all of the granola bars, bags of popcorn and other snack things out of the boxes and stack them in a basket.  I also made Madelyn her own little bowl of her treats like fruit snacks, applesauce pouches and of course Oreos.

So I organized everything and now it appears we have NO food!!  I mean it's amazing how much room the boxes things come in take up, it's a good thing we recycle because I had a ton of cardboard to get rid of.  I also learned that I don't need any white balsamic vinegar, I had three bottles.

Here are the before/ after pictures!!  I realize this is only exciting to a few people, for me it's the little things in life I guess...like an organized pantry!
 
BEFORE

AFTER


No comments :