Tuesday, June 18, 2013

36 Weeks with Twins

I really can't believe I am still pregnant with these guys. They just continue to plug along all comfy in there, I thought with my height (5'2") they would've arrived by now but I guess they are content!

My stomach has dropped and it's getting harder and harder with each day to carry them. My c-section is scheduled for July 2nd if I don't have them before that.  I went out and bought little 4th of July onesies for them! Next week we have a growth ultrasound scheduled on the 27th, I am so anxious to know how big they are. We are estimating around 6 lbs each. Whooaaahhh!!!

It's clear that my doctors primary concern is for the babies to stay put as long as possible.  Because they took me off work I have been able to rest and take things easy, I am positive this is why I have been able to carry them this long. 
My blood pressure continues to do well since being off work and the babies are doing so well with the non-stress tests. My biggest complaints are the heartburn and the stretchmarks which actually feel like burns at this point.  I am also experiencing quite a bit of pain around my original c-section scar, I guess it's scar tissue that is being pulled and causes a burning sensation.

Here is a picture Adam took the other night while I was sitting on the couch. The babies move around so much and it looked like one of them actually sat up, my stomach was so deformed looking. 

Here is to 36 weeks, working on 37!!

No comments :