Friday, April 3, 2009

Trying to Avoid Bedrest

On Tuesday morning I woke up to really swollen feet, ankles and hands. I went to work and since I work at a retirement community blood pressure cuffs are readily available, I took my blood pressure and it was a little high compared to what it has been throughout my pregnancy. I called the doctor office and they asked me to do a few things then re-check it in an hour. It was still high after I re-checked it and the nurse had me come in to the office. They did some blood work and that all came back normal which was good news. I went back to the doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was still high, the doctor was a little concerned. He asked me if I wanted to try and continue working, I of course said "yes" because I would rather have more time off once Maddy is born. He gave me strict instructions to go to work only, after work I need to go home and lay down. Dr. Mernitz didn't hesitate to tell me if things get worse that he would put me on bed rest until the baby can be delivered.

So nothing too exciting for me the next few weeks, I will be taking it easy and trying to keep my blood pressure down.

1 comment :

Jason & Nadia said...

Take care of yourself & baby Maddy! Definitely follow your doctor's orders! :)

We'll be thinking of you!

Jason & Nadia