Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day!!



Today I celebrated my first Mother's Day!!! It was really fun to wake up this morning knowing I was going to be able to really enjoy Mother's Day after so many years of dreading it. Ever since my mom died I have secretly despised the holiday and really didn't care much about celebrating it. Today was very different!!!

Adam made me breakfast in bed which was nice considering we didn't get much sleep last night. Madelyn decided to be a rock star last night and party until 2:00am, we are hoping for better tonight. We then took Maddy on her first outing and went to pick out my Mother's Day gift. Adam bought me a bracelet for my birthday that I can add charms too for Madelyn, he purchased the motherhood charm and we went today to add to it. I got her birthstone of course and a rose for our middle names.

We then came home and Steve, Lucinda and GG (Adam's grandma) came over and we had a nice lunch and visit. Maddy was awake most of the time and it was fun to see them interact with her!!

All in all this was the best Mother's Day I have had in a long, long time and I am already looking forward to next year.

Can't wait to celebrate Father's Day, Adam!!!!!

4 comments :

Kara said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. You look absolutely amazing and have that Mom Glow! I can't wait to meet Madelyn next month! Love you!

Denise Sinn-Ott said...

Sara
I finally found where I saved your blog page again, and saw the photos. She is beautiful!!! And you look wonderful. I hope you are feeling well - I am so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day
Love you
Aunt Denise

Justin and Kristen Bixler said...

Love that Jada is sitting right next to you in the photo. Very protective!

morgan said...

congrats! i'm glad everything went well! you guys look great!