Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bowling Baby!



Well it's almost been two weeks since I have updated the blog; I am finding it really hard to pull myself away from Maddy these days to blog. She is getting so big and her personality is so fun.

Adam, Madelyn and I were able to celebrate Thanksgiving a little early with my mom's family this past Sunday. We gathered at my grandma's and enjoyed too much yummy food, all of my aunts, uncles and cousins where there, along with my sister, dad and step-mom. We started tradition years ago when my mom was still alive, of bowling on Thanksgiving Day. When I was younger we actually celebrated on Thanksgiving Day and in the evening we would all load up and drive to the bowling alley in Bloomington. It was always a blast because there was never another soul there other than our family. Since we celebrate the Sunday before now there are a few more people to share the lanes with, but it’s still always filled with laughs. My 13 year old cousin Paul has a hard time keeping his ball in the correct lane…or sometimes even in the building! :) I enjoyed introducing Madelyn to this tradition for the first time, she isn’t a bowler yet but she did love the bright colored balls and the pin ball machine. I must say “thank you” to my grandma who happily watched Maddy while the rest of us bowled. I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments :