Monday, November 30, 2009

Trees are up and Maddy helped!

Every year we put up our Christmas tree on November 27th, it marks another year since my mom passed away. My sister and I started putting our Christmas trees up on that date the year after my mom died. This year Allison is back living at home and didn't have a tree of her own to put up, so she came to our house on Friday and helped us. It was great to have her here and it was that much more special since its Madelyn’s first Christmas.
I decided we needed 3 trees this year instead of our usual two. Adam was less then excited about this but I have always been a little over the top when it comes to Christmas and decorating. It just makes me smile!
Allie bought Maddy her first ornament to hang on the tree, it is a beautiful silver, engraved ornament with the year and Madelyn’s initials. I helped Maddy open it and she was more interested in the tissue paper then the ornament itself. Allison helped Maddy hang it on the tree; I loved every second of it! I can’t wait for the years to come as she becomes just as excited about Christmas and decorating for the holiday. It will be such a thrill to watch it through a child’s eyes.
Enjoy a few pictures of our finished product!





No comments :