Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin...YUM!

I LOVE anything pumpkin, which is part of the reason fall is my favorite time of year. Seriously, you could put pumpkin on about anything and I will eat it. I LOVE IT!   So, when I saw a recipe the other day for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls, I knew I would be making them in the near future.  I did alter the recipe a bit to make it my own and highlight the fall flavors.
I decided to make them this week and try them out on my co-workers, they were a hit!  Here is my recipe breakdown:

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rolls

2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll crescent rolls leaving them in the 4 rectangles, you will then pinch the pre-cut seams together to keep the rolls in the rectangle from.  Place the cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin, and spice together in mixer, beat until well combined.  Spread mixture over crescents, leave a  small border around the edges. Starting at the long end, roll up and cut into 1 inch pieces. Place in pan that is sprayed with cooking spray.

2. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.  Frost the rolls when they are still warm to touch with the recipe below.

Frosting

4 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon pumpkin

1. Mix all ingredients together until smooth, spread over warm rolls.

Sorry for the bad pictures, I took all of these with my phone and it was night time.

Pinch the seams together so you have one rectangle,
 you should end up with 4 of these
Golden brown, let cool for a few mins before icing
Yummy goodness!!

So, what is your favorite fall, comfort food?

ENJOY!
~SCS~

No comments :