Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big Color Little Money

Well, believe it or not I found something else I wanted to make on Pinterest. I found all of the components for my project and then that thing called life happened and the project sat unfinished for oooh probably 2 months!!! That can never happen again!


Pinned Image
My inspiration was this found here.

The only problem was that I could not, for the life of me, find letters anywhere that I liked so I scoured the internet and finally found some.  There are tons of websites out there selling unfinished wood products. Mine were not as cheap as I would have liked and they came in way larger than I was expecting but I went with it. I purchased my canvas (which I used a 40% coupon on and it cost me $15 whoohoo), paint and glue from Hobby Lobby.




I did some measuring, used an all purpose glue to adhere the letters onto the canvas and then I was ready to paint.  Simple enough? (Don't ask why this project took me almost 2 months). I decided to use teal paint instead of white to add some color to our bedroom. I believe the tutorial found through Pinterest used white spray paint but since I wanted teal and couldn't find the right color of spray paint, I hand painted mine. Obviously this took A LOT more time but I am SO pleased with the result.  I then added a touch of grey paint around some of the edges and the letters to add a distressed look and this is my final product!



It added a lot of color for not a lot of money to our bedroom which will hopefully have a fresh coat of grey paint before to long!


~SCS~

No comments :