Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Please Put Your Pencils Down

Time's up!!! Pinterest Challenge time is over, and we can't wait to see what exciting, awesome, creative-why-didn't-we-think-of-that ideas everyone came up with.

We are already in Christmas mode over here at SCS and  couldn't wait to start our first Christmas projects for this year and the Pinterest Challenge gave us the little boost we needed.


We love the ladies over at YHL and Bower Power  for creating the Pinterest Challenge, it's such a good excuse to actually get some of those Pin's done! We went through our holiday appropriate Pin's and I (Allison)  decided to put my own twist on this one...

Pinned Image
Pinterest

I set out to Hobby Lobby and Michael's to purchase what I needed.  I knew  I didn't  need the numbers on ours since you can't see the house from the road and I knew I wanted red flowers.




The wreath was $4.00
Ribbon $1
Flowers $8
"S" $.99
Paint for the "S" $2.00 (found this at Michael's)
Hot Glue Gun-Free (already owned)





I first wrapped the ribbon around where I wanted it, making sure that it covered enough area for me to put on my "S" later and secured it with hot glue. I cut the flowers off the stem and arranged them how I wanted around the ribbon.  I then glued the flowers on making sure to put them close enough together so that you couldn't see the wreath underneath.  I painted my "S" with Martha Stewart's Glitter Acrylic found at Michael's. Once it was dry I glued it onto the ribbon.  I tied some ribbon around the top and done!  I can't wait to leave it hanging on my door after Thanksgiving!





For $15.99 I am very happy with the way it turned out, I don't think I could have found a similar, personalized wreath for less.

What did you guys come up with? Any yummy new recipes to share, easy DIY projects or maybe something Holiday related?


Stay tuned later in the week to see what other DIY craft the SCS completed from Pinterest for the challenge!

~SCS

No comments :