Friday, February 13, 2009

28 Week Appointment

We had our 28 week appointment this morning, I am officially in my 3rd trimester. Today I had my gestational diabetes test, I had to drink this sugary liquid and then wait an hour before they could draw my blood. The hour wait was a little rough because I could barely hold my head up, the sugar made me so tired. I asked the nurse if this was normal and she said it depends on how quickly your body regulates the sugar. I felt like I had just eaten Thanksgiving dinner and needed a nap. We should know the test results on Monday or Tuesday.

While drawing my blood the nurse discovered that she had used the wrong tubes for two of the blood draws. Lucky me I had to get poked 2 more times before the draw was complete and 6 tubes later. Then in the same arm I got the Rhogam injection due to my negative blood type. Needless to point out, my left arm is a tad sore today. I just keep telling myself that this is nothing compared to what delivery day will be like.

Adam and I begin our childbirth preparation classes on March 17th, we will go once a week for 4 weeks at the hospital. I have heard mixed reviews of these classes, however if you know me at all then you know I will always be as prepared as I can possibly be. I am sure we will have updates after each class.

I can't believe my due date is just 12 weeks away!!!!!!

No comments :