Monday, February 2, 2009

Nursery Update





Here are a few pictures of the recent nursery progress. I made the window valance and was able to cover a lamp shade in the same fabric to match. We bought the letters to spell out "dream", I painted them and we hung them together. I was searching for the right word and felt dream was a good choice because we of course want Madelyn to have "sweet dreams" but we also pray she will have big dreams for herself one day.

My mom was always so creative and could make practically anything, just ask Allie...we had to wear a few of those creations. I felt like my mom was right there with me while I was trying to be as creative as she. I think she would be proud!!!

I will continue to update as it all comes together in the next few weeks.

2 comments :

Justin and Kristen Bixler said...

I was so impressed with the window valance! Everything looks great!...you just need Baby Maddy. :)

Jason & Nadia said...

Sarah,

The nursery is beautiful! I love your colors & I love polka-dots!I am certain that your mother is proud! I personally cannot sew anything! So, the fact that you made the valance & then covered the lamp shade w/ the same fabric... is quite impressive to me! :)

Nadia