Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hiccups!!!

I was laying in bed last night trying to fall asleep and I could feel this continued thumping right in the middle of my stomach. It almost felt like a heartbeat, it continued for a good 15 minutes and it finally occurred to me that Maddy might have the hiccups. I did a little research on-line this morning to confirm my suspicions and sure enough it was the hiccups. She has already had them again twice this morning, must have been something I ate yesterday.

The good news is that all the research on hiccups show that it's a sign of a healthy baby. It means that she is swallowing and using her diaphragm which will prepare her for her entry into the world. I can't wait to HEAR those hiccups soon instead of feeling them!!!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

haha, that makes me laugh. didn't you used to get hiccups and lot and they would hurt?

McCord Family said...

Yes, I remember mom telling me I had them a lot when she was pregnant with me. Plus I had them all the time when I was little and they hurt so bad.