Friday, March 27, 2009

2nd Childbirth Class

Adam and I went to our second childbirth class this past Tuesday. We were introduced to all the instruments that could possibly be used during the delivery, a few of them were quite scary looking. I think I am most nervous about having to get an IV. I have never had a surgery or been put under anesthesia for anything so being admitted to the hospital is a little scary for me.

We also watched 2 deliveries...I am still not sure what to think. I did become a little teary eyed because it is so amazing but at the same time I really don't like to think about my body having to go through that. Adam did surprisingly well!! The second video was the whole labor process, we watched the couple as they transitioned from home to hospital to active labor to birth and after. When the video was over Adam turned to me and said "we can do this" and gave me a high-five. Easy for him to say...he doesn't actually have to give birth. It was reassuring to me that he is so confident though.

Next week we will go on a tour of the maternity floor, we will see the rooms and nursery. I am looking forward to that, I think it will make us more comfortable to see what our surroundings will be like.

During our class we got to hear the lullaby for the first time!!! St. Vincent plays a lullaby over the loud speaker throughout the hospital every time a baby is born. That gave me a sense of excitment and brought a smile to my face!! We can't wait!!

1 comment :

Justin and Kristen Bixler said...

I love hearing the lullaby! It is so sweet!

I hope you are feeling well!