Friday, July 17, 2009

Bloomington Slumber Party




Earlier this week Maddy and I went to Bloomington to spend a little time with my family before I go back to work. We had a girls slumber party at Aunt Allie's house, the sad part was that my 22 year old sister went to bed before Maddy and I.

We had a great dinner at my dad and MaryAnn's house, as usual there was way too much food. Dad of course had pie for dessert but Allie and I had our hearts set on Dairy Queen that night. We stopped by DQ and that made me feel really old, the parking lot and picnic tables were filled with high school kids. I can remember those days like they were yesterday, it's hard to believe it's been 10 years. The blizzards were still great though! I am sure Maddy will get to experience both DQ and the Chocolate Moose with Grampy Williams one day.

It was great to spend the day in Bloomington on a beautiful summer day. It still feels like home and probably always will, I look forward to showing Maddy where I grew up as she gets older. Hopefully she will love it just as much as I do!!

1 comment :

Aunt Allie said...

I had been up since 5:30 that morning, give me a break!!