Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Extra Hugs and Kisses



Madelyn had her 2 month check-up today with Dr. Rob, Adam and I were both dreading it because she was going to get 2 shots. I knew it would be hard but I didn't realize there would be tears shed by Maddy AND Mommy, needless to say she has gotten lots of extra hugs and kisses tonight.

Maddy is a growing girl and when the nurse weighed her today she is a whopping 12 pounds 10 ounces. I was pretty shocked because that was a gain of 1 pound 8 ounces since her last visit. She is currently in the 89 percentile for height of girls her age, Adam and I told her to enjoy it now because it's not likely to stay that way. Who knows she may surprise us!!

My next Mommy obstacle will be sending Madelyn to daycare for the first time on the 20th, I'm not looking forward to that and my co-workers probably aren't looking forward to me crying all day. Sorry in advance:(

3 comments :

Renee said...

It doesn't get any easier. At 13Alex just got his last vaccination yesterday. No tears but it's never fun. I'll be thinking of you and Maddy. I'm sure Emily could give you some good advice on how to survive the day care drop off. I was lucky that I didn't send Audrey until she was almost 9 mos.

Justin and Kristen Bixler said...

So glad Maddy survived!

Stacey B. said...

Hi. You don't know me but I'm Kristen's friend Stacey. I went to high school with your husband. I have been "stalking" your blog since you were pregnant because we were both due around the same time with girls. I just want to tell you that I think Maddy is a doll and Congratulations.