Monday, September 19, 2011

Mmmmmm, Chili!

This is a post from a few years ago that I decided to share again since we are headed into Fall and football season!!!



The crisp nights, football on TV, and the smell of fall in the air and I get hungry for...chili!  The husband had been requesting it too, so I set out to the store for my ingredients and whipped up a big pot the other night.

Now, I love to cook, however I’m not a recipe follower.  I guess you can say I just go with what feels “right”?  So, I will do my best to give measurements but you can always add or remove what ever doesn’t feel “right” to you.  I also love that I can make it all in one pot, no heaps of dirty dishes to wash after!

Ingredients:
 2 Large cans Tomato Juice
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Medium Onion
1 Large Green Pepper
1 can Tomato Paste
1 Pkg. McCormick Original Chili Seasoning
1 1/2 cups Elbow Macaroni
3 Cloves Garlic
1 can Green Chilies
Worcestershire Sauce (6 shakes)
12 oz. Favorite Beer
2 dashes Cayenne Pepper (more or less depending on how hot you like it)
Salt & Pepper
Shredded Cheese

·        First step is to brown your ground beef, while it’s browning I add a little salt and pepper and the Worcestershire Sauce, approximately 6 shakes of the bottle. Once it’s browned you may need to drain the grease, I use lean ground beef (93/7) so I can usually skip this step because the grease is very minimal.
·        While the meat is browning I chop the green pepper and onion in my food processor.  This makes the work easier on you!
·        Peel 3 cloves of garlic and chop fine, I use the food processor for this also!

·        Once the meat is brown I start the dumping, all the other ingredients get dumped in.  Add the tomato juice, beer, green pepper, onion, garlic, chili seasoning, tomato paste, green chilies.


·        I stir this all together for a minute or so, you will want to make sure the tomato paste is incorporated well. 

·        Last step is to add your macaroni (uncooked), I use 3 palms full.  It’s approximately 1 1/2 cups, you can always add more or less depending on your preference.

·        Let simmer on the stove until the macaroni is cooked through, chili will thicken as the macaroni cooks.  Be sure to stir often so the noodles don’t sink to the bottom and burn.
·        Serve with shredded cheese on top.




  • ENJOY!!

Here's to LOVE, LAUGHTER & HAPPILY ever after!

No comments :