Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Sandal Tradition Begins!



Before Madelyn was born my sister came to me and said she wanted there to be something special she and Maddy would do together every year. I of course agreed and told her to think about it and let me know what she came up with. Well, if you know Allie at all you would know that it would have to involve shopping, now I consider myself a fan of shopping but I don't know anyone that loves it more then my sister. She came up with the idea of taking Maddy to buy a new pair of sandals at the start of every summer. I thought it was a great idea and this past weekend the tradition began, Maddy now has her first pair of sandals from Aunt Allie!!

I look forward to many years of seeing what Madelyn comes home with after their shopping trips and I know it won't take long before Maddy is loving this tradition. I also look forward to the look on my sister's face when Maddy turns 16 and decides she wants a $200.00 pair of sandals!! Heehee...sorry Allie but you started it!!

2 comments :

Aunt Allie said...

Yay!!! They are so cute and i'm so glad they fit!!!

Justin and Kristen Bixler said...

SOOOOO Cute!